Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Welcome

February 5, 2013 

Welcome to Butterflies N Robyn's Bog

My goal with this blog to is post at least weekly about what I am crafting.

A little about myself.
I have been crafting since I was a little girl and constantly want to try new things.  I currently making card and other paper crafts, crochet, knit, make jewelry, trying mixed media and whatever else strikes my fancy.

What I am involved in.
BUTTERFLIES N ROBYN
Last year I started Butterflies N Robyn, LLC to help me share my passion with others on Etsy.  Unfortunatly, many liked my products but no one purchased.  I have stepped back and reviewing this area and hope to post items for sale again.

Etsy Shop for Butterflies N Robyn:    www.butterfliesnrobyn.etsy.com

STAMPIN'UP!
I am a Stampin'Up! demonstrator.  I have held classes but currently just in for myself.  I love their products, however, as I am branching out into other areas, I may have to drop out as I am unable to promote other companies products if SU sells similar items.

My Demonstrator Webpage for Stampin'Up!:      www.redhatrobyn.stampinup.net

CHARITY WINGS
I volunteer with Charity Wings aka Scrapbook Royalty.  The founder Elena Lai Etcheverry is one very special woman.  She is tireless in her passion and it spills over to those of us who believe in her and what she is doing.

Charity Wings is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that raises money and awareness for other non-profits though arts and crafts related events.  It is largely supported by the generous in-kind donations from manufacturers and designers in the craft industry.

Charity Wings hosts and sponsors fundraising events across the country, including but not limited to art gatherings, crops, raffles (on and offline), mixed media workshops, auctions and retreats (such as the annual Seaside Soiree). When people donate their money and or time in support of Charity Wings it is almost always for the benefit of a designated charitable organization. This transparency has allowed us to award money to a diverse range of charitable organizations, from humane animal shelters, to cancer research and veteran's organizations among others.

ART CENTER
Now, in our seventh year of operation, Charity Wings is poised to expand into a community art center with classrooms, an open studio, and art galleries. This facility will enable this home-grown non-profit to offer art classes and events to the community and its members.  The center will focus on free art classes at the facility or online through live stream technology to various groups such as children and adults faced with life-threatening illness, victims of domestic violence, foster children, as well as after school art enrichment programs to low income schools. We want to bring arts and crafts to other non profits who may benefit.
 
You can check out more at www.charitywings.org

 I am currently pulling items together for 2 Shoebox swaps this month.  Carrie Ann Poff's on Feb. 9th.  This event will benefit the NODCC, National Organization for Disorders of the Corpus Callosum, a valuable resource for families dealing with disabilities similar to her son Andrew..  I have everything done for this and will post picks after the event.

My next event will be the 1st Annual Jefferson Shoebox Swap on Feb. 23rd.  I am working on the items for this one and will post pics after the event.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read what I have written.

Until next time,
Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment